Sunday, October 17, 2010

Our New Blog

So I've decided it was time...time to start a blog.  Our lives are crazy, and maybe some of your are just crazy enough to wonder what its like are like.  So here it is...

We are the Graden Family.  It all started 9 1/2 years ago when Ryan proposed to me...we had dated for 2 years and were engaged for another year.  So we got married.  We decided that we were going to wait until Ryan was done with his BA degree at Iowa State to have kids.  Well, we were wrong, God had other plans.  A few days before our first Anniversary we found out that I was pregnant.  Hesitated excitement followed the news but we knew that God wouldn't give us anything we couldn't handle.  So Rylee came along in December 2002.  She was 11 1/2 months old when Ryan graduated as he took 21 credits and worked full time durning the last semester. 

Fast Forward 2 1/2 years later, we decided Rylee needed a playmate soooo...Brenlie was born in August 2005.  We were happy but Ryan still thought that we probably needed to try again for a boy.  So Taydem arrived in June 2007.

At this point I thought our family was complete.  I was happy and VERY busy with 3 girls.  But not Ryan...he still thought we should have another go at a boy.  But he was completly prepared for another girl if that is what God should give us.  Either way he just wanted another child.  It took a little convincing but I finally agreeded and in June we welcomed Paysen into our lives.  4 Girls!  Wow!  I keep telling Ryan that not all dad's can handle the blessing of a girl and that is why God gives those dad's boys.  But He must really think that Ryan is special...special enough to give not only 1 blessing but 4. 
He is such a great dad to those girls too.

So...this is our family...the fast version.  Still kinda long but we have 4 children for goodness sake...everything takes longer especially with GIRLS!

1 comment:

  1. Like I needed another blog to read!!! :o) I bet your girls will love reading this when they get older. And even though I am lucky enough to hear stories of your girls first hand, or even witness the stories unfold, I will read them too. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete